Ingredients for 1 Cup:
- 300 ml Almond Milk, Oat Milk, or any other plant-based milk will work, too.
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Long Pepper or 3-5 Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Two slices of fresh ginger
- Raw Honey or Coconut Sugar
- Heat up a pot without adding any of the ingredients.
- Once it is hot, turn it down a little and add the dry spices.
- Roast them sightly for about 30 seconds
- Add the milk and the fresh ginger
- Before the milk starts boiling, add the honey or sugar as per your personal taste.
- Wait until the milk slightly starts to boil.
- Pour it in a coup through a small sieve.
Have you prepared your Golden Milk and enjoyed the flavors, the slight sweetness, and the mild spices?
Now, you can enjoy reading about the health benefits of Golden Milk.
Golden Milk comes from the Ayurvedic medicine from ancient India and is still in use all over the country. These days, Ayurvedic Medicine is made all the way to the Western culture and is even taught in schools.
Golden Milk is full of antioxidants!
Antioxidants are compounds that can help to fight free radical damage within the body, providing you with some protection against the chronic health problems which can ensue. Antioxidants fight cell damage and protect the body from oxidative stress.
May Reduce Inflammation in the Body
Ginger, Turmeric, and cinnamon have anti-inflammatory properties which may reduce joint pain from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Athletes can benefit from soothing the soreness.
Curcuma’s anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties may benefit gut health and digestion. Especially ginger may boost digestive health and speed up gastric emptying time, reducing bloating and nausea.
Turmeric is believed to be a natural mood-enhancing agent that could help alleviate a depressed mood.
That’s because turmeric’s active compound, curcumin, has demonstrated the potential to be able to help improve mood and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. Studies have found a link between depression and chronic inflammation, so with its purported anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric may be able to alleviate some of these symptoms.
And let’s be honest, wouldn’t we all have a better mood after drinking nice, slightly sweet, and delicious hot beverages?
No matter how it personally affects you, enjoy the flavors and the spices! Play around and experiment with the ratio. And if you make a little more of it, you can mix it with oats, let it sit overnight, and enjoy a tasty Golden Milk Porridge with fresh fruits and nuts! Yum!